About Our Animal Hospital
McEwen Animal Hospital was opened on Bath Road in 1954, by Dr. R. McEwen, to fulfill a need in the expanding Kingston Township for veterinary care of large animals and then evolving to include small animals.
The tradition of veterinary care was carried on by Dr. B. Karschau and his team in the 1980s through to 2008 when Dr. K. Rutledge and his caring team took over to continue providing veterinary care for the surrounding area.
In 2019, McEwen Animal Hospital and Frontenac Animal Hospital were acquired together. The two clinics have since merged and relocated to newly renovated premises, all in an effort to continue to provide veterinary care to their existing patients.