Reopening Plan: Thank You For Your Patience
With restrictions being lifted and an increasing number of businesses reopening, we wanted to keep you, our valued client, updated on McEwen-Frontenac Animal Hospital’s reopening plan. Our top priority remains safeguarding the health and safety of our clients and staff, all the while continuing to provide outstanding patient care.
As a healthcare provider, factors such as waiting and exam room size, air flow and the ability to maintain safe distancing during your pet’s examination are all factors that play into our reopening plan. Also, given the newness of the COVID-19 vaccine, variants of concern and the potential for a fourth wave, our clients and staff are expressing vastly different comfort levels with respect to physical distancing.
While a reopening plan is in the works, we continue to take a cautious approach. When we do reopen, here are some of the things you can expect:
- The number of concurrent client visits will be restricted to respect physical distancing.
- One client will be allowed per patient.
- The wearing of surgical masks will be mandatory. Masks will be provided by the clinic.
- COVID-19 screening will be in place for all visitors.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be readily available throughout the clinic.
- Curbside service food and medication pickup will remain available.
- Curbside drop off will remain in place and clients will continue to have the option to virtually participate in appointments via a clinic-supplied tablet.
We thank you for your continued encouragement and support. As with you, our team looks forward to the day when they can safely welcome you back into McEwen-Frontenac Animal Hospital.
McEwan Frontenac Animal Hospital will continue to provide exceptional service by ensuring a team member is available at our front door, ready to receive your pet. We are also continuing to provide food, goods, and telemedicine to improve the convenience of our services and connect vets and clients through the use of iPads.
Please note, our industry is experiencing difficulties with our supply chain due to the global pandemic. If you are experiencing difficulties with your order, please call us at 613-389-3696.
The following are our operating procedures during the COVID-19 pandemic effective immediately and ongoing through the Spring. We are doing our best to continue serving you and your pets!
- APPOINTMENT BOOKING: Please call 613-389-3696 or email [email protected] book an appointment. Unfortunately, at this time, we are not accepting walk-in appointments.
- TELEMEDICINE: We can help answer your questions over the phone from puppy and kitten advice to behavioral and dietary consults to end of life discussions. We can also assist with determining the urgency of a situation and deciding whether your pet requires immediate care or alternatively, provide some management suggestions for home care. To book a phone appointment/consult please click here[link].
- EMERGENCIES: For emergencies, please call us at 613-389-3696
- WEAR A MASK: Please wear a mask during drop off, pick up, and payment. If you do not have a mask we are happy to provide you with one.
- CALL UPON ARRIVAL: Our front door is locked. Please arrive 5 minutes prior to your appointment and from your car, call us at: 613-389-3696. We will meet you at the door to collect your pet and provide you with an iPad so you can participate in your pet’s appointment.
- PET DROP OFF: Our team member will conduct a pet exchange outside the clinic. Unfortunately, we cannot accept ANY personal property (i.e. collars, leashes, blankets, toys, etc.) These must be removed and left with you. We will use slip leashes when retrieving your pet from outside. Cats will need to remain in their carriers. We will sanitize pet carriers in the clinic prior to returning to you.
- VIDEO CONFERENCING: Our practice will now be providing complimentary iPads for video conferences during the appointment. You will therefore be able to see your loved one, discuss concerns and symptoms, and ask the veterinarian questions throughout your appointment.
- PET PICKUP: At the time of discharge, instructions will be emailed or given to you or discussed via the video conference. A team member will bring your pet, medications, and the Moneris (payment) terminal to you.
- PAYMENT: For safety reasons, we are accepting electronic payment (credit or debit ) at this time. We can either take payment over the phone or outside with our mobile machine.
- ONLINE STORE: Medication and food are recommended to be ordered online at myvetstore.ca. For the month of December, receive free shipping on orders over $25.