Practice Procedure Update 3/17/2022
We are able to offer either curbside or in-clinic access for clients.
● For curbside care, please give us a call when you arrive at the practice and we will come to meet you, collect your pet, or provide curbside pickup of medications and supplies.
● For in-clinic care, In order to manage capacities and maintain social distancing, we are only welcoming one client per appointment to enter the practice, along with their pet(s).
● Our rigorous cleaning and masking protocols are ongoing. Clients will be required to wear a medical-grade mask and show their COVID Vaccination Passport, which we will happily provide if need be.
● As part of our reopening plan, we ensure that all practice staff are either fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or undergo regular rapid testing.
● As always, we kindly ask anyone who has common cold or flu-like symptoms, such as fever, cough and difficulty breathing, to please stay home until those symptoms resolve.
For clients in special circumstances, such as a euthanasia service, please give us a call so that we may do our best to accommodate your needs in advance of your appointment.
Thank you for your understanding. We look forward to seeing you!
McEwan Frontenac Animal Hospital will continue to provide exceptional service by ensuring a team member is available at our front door, ready to receive your pet. We are also continuing to provide food, goods, and telemedicine to improve the convenience of our services and connect vets and clients through the use of iPads.
Please note, our industry is experiencing difficulties with our supply chain due to the global pandemic. If you are experiencing difficulties with your order, please call us at 613-389-3696.
The following are our operating procedures during the COVID-19 pandemic effective immediately and ongoing through the Spring. We are doing our best to continue serving you and your pets!
- APPOINTMENT BOOKING: Please call 613-389-3696 or email [email protected] book an appointment.
- TELEMEDICINE: We can help answer your questions over the phone from puppy and kitten advice to behavioral and dietary consults to end of life discussions. We can also assist with determining the urgency of a situation and deciding whether your pet requires immediate care or alternatively, provide some management suggestions for home care. To book a phone appointment/consult please click here[link].
- EMERGENCIES: For emergencies, please call us at 613-389-3696
- WEAR A MASK: Please wear a mask during drop off, pick up, and payment. If you do not have a mask we are happy to provide you with one.
- CALL UPON ARRIVAL: If you are seeking curbside care, please arrive 5 minutes prior to your appointment and from your car, call us at: 613-389-3696. We will meet you at the door to collect your pet.
- PET DROP OFF: Our team member can conduct a pet exchange outside the clinic. Unfortunately, we cannot accept ANY personal property (i.e. collars, leashes, blankets, toys, etc.) These must be removed and left with you. We will use slip leashes when retrieving your pet from outside. Cats will need to remain in their carriers. We will sanitize pet carriers in the clinic prior to returning to you.
- PET PICKUP: At the time of discharge, instructions will be emailed or given during the visit. A team member will bring your pet, medications, and the Moneris (payment) terminal to you.
- PAYMENT: We are accepting electronic payment (credit or debit ) at this time. We can either take payment over the phone, outside or inside with our mobile machine.
- ONLINE STORE: Medication and food can be ordered in the clinic or online at myvetstore.ca.